People on Instagram are all about the good life and making memories with friends and family. You can take a photo or video with a few taps and share it with your followers. Browsing other people’s photos and videos is also fun, but what if you like a video so much you want to keep a copy of it?
On Instagram, there’s an option to bookmark posts you like but there is no built-in option to download videos you want to save. But that doesn’t mean you can’t download Instagram videos ever. And that’s what we’re looking at here.
Whether you’re using your phone or a desktop computer, there are ways to download Instagram videos. Here’s how:
1. Download Instagram Videos on PC
If you’re using a PC, you can use an online video download service or do it manually on Instagram.
2. Download from Source Code
You can examine the source code of the video page and remove the download link from it. Here’s how:
- Open the video you want to download.
- Right-click on it and select Inspect element. Depending on the browser, the name may be different, such as the View page source.
- Click the Ctrl + F keys to open the Find option and enter “.mp4” in it.
- The search would open a code section. Copy the relation next to src= (the link ends with .mp4).
Just paste this link in a new tab and the video will start to download. Then right-click and select Save Video to download the video.
3. Use an Online Service
For this purpose, DownloadVideosFrom works best. It’s more intuitive than others and adds a few extra features that you may find interesting. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Instagram video that you want to download and copy its URL.
- Now open DownloadVideosFrom and paste the URL into the text field.
- Below, click on Download MP4 to convert and download the video.
There are also options to download MP3 (only audio of videos) or Instagram photos.
4. Download Instagram Videos on iOS
The choices are very small when it comes to iOS, but Reposter, formerly called Regrammer, is a decent repost app that also downloads Instagram images and videos. This is a fully free software (ad-supported) that will help you download any video from Instagram to your iOS smartphone.
Just copy the video URL from Instagram and paste it into the Reposter app. Then press the Preview button to open it and download it. The video will be stored automatically in the camera roll and you will see the repost options.
5. Download Instagram Videos on Android
On Android, there are two ways to download Instagram videos.
Get Instagram videos from the app cache
To do this, first, go and watch the video you want to download. Which part you watch is going to be downloaded. So, if you want a full video, make sure you watch the entire video.
Second, open the File Manager on your phone and go to Android > Data > com.Instagram.android > Cache > Videos. Here you’ll notice all the videos you’ve seen, and they’re going to have a .clean extension. You can tap them and select the Video option to play them.
If your phone does not have a built-in file manager, you can also use a third-party file manager like ASUS File Manager.
If you want to convert them to an audio format, then simply rename them and change .clean extension to .mp4.
All of these videos are stored as a cache. If the phone cache is erased, these videos will also be deleted. If you want to keep a video forever, you should switch it to a different location.
6. Using a Third-party App
If you want a more secure solution that doesn’t require you to watch each video, a third-party app can do that. We recommend Video Downloader for Instagram. It’s free, and the ads aren’t too intrusive. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the video you want to download in the Instagram app and hit the menu at the top right corner (the three vertical dots).
- Now tap on Copy link.
- After that, open the downloader and tap the Paste button.
After pasting the link, the video will be downloaded and saved to your gallery.