The Twitch hosting feature allows you to broadcast other streamers’ channels on your own. This ensures that your viewers can watch their broadcast without leaving your channel.
This is an excellent way for you to assist other streamers in reaching a larger audience while still keeping your own audience involved.
It’s a popular tool for supporting other Twitch users, but it can also be used to increase your participation when you’re not making any content of your own.
How to Host on Twitch
Twitch can be hosted from either a computer or a mobile device. When you’re not streaming your own content, this makes it simple to keep other content streaming on your channel.’
Before you begin hosting on Twitch, keep in mind that you can only host one channel at a time. In addition, you can only host three channels in a 30-minute time.
Now that you understand the basics, let’s take a look at how you can host on Twitch.
Twitch makes it very easy for streamers to host other channels. This is accomplished via the Auto Host function. When you go offline, this feature allows you to host other channels on autopilot.
All you have to do is choose a few channels to host on your Twitch account, and the Auto Host feature will choose one from the list and host it. You may either define a specific order for hosting or allow random channel selection from a list of channels. This means that your account does not become inactive when you are offline.
The great thing about Auto Hosting is that it is relatively simple to set up. You just need to go to your Twitch Channel. You can do so by going to your profile and clicking on the profile icon, then selecting “Channel.”
The profile icon can be found in the top-right corner of the website, and Channel can be found in the drop-down menu. Then, go to the Channel settings and allow Auto Host. You must add your favorite channels to the list that follows. These are the ones that will be hosted automatically if you go offline.
- Navigate to Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv) in your web browser.
- Log in to your Twitch account, or create one if you don’t already have one.
- After you’ve signed in, go to your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In your profile, select “Channel” from the drop-down menu. This will take you to your own Twitch channel.
- On the right side of your phone, click on the chat window.
- Enter “/host channel name” in this browser. For example, if you want to host a channel called Solomon, you should type “/host Solomon.”
Your own viewers can now see the channel you’re hosting. However, keep in mind that all of the views on your channel will be added to the views on the hosted channel. However, the chatroom on your website will remain active, which could result in increased interaction.
One thing to keep in mind when using Twitch is that the usernames must be completely right. Twitch, unlike other social media sites such as Instagram and Twitter, does not have an autofill feature.
If you don’t enter the correct username, you won’t be able to host the channel. If you’ve got the channel to stream on your website, you can start watching their stream on yours as well.
All you have to do to avoid hosting is go to the chat window and type “/unhost.”
- Download the Twitch app from the App Store or the Google Play Store, depending on your mobile operating system.
- Log in with your username and password, or sign up and build a new one if you don’t already have one.
- Then, by clicking on the account icon, you can access your account. In Android, this will appear in the upper-right corner of the phone. If you’re using iOS, you’ll see the account icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- When the account screen appears, click on the Chat tab. This is the fourth tab down from your profile photo. When you press it, the channel’s chat window will open.
All you have to do in your chat tab is type “/host channel name.” For instance, if the channel name is Swiper, you must type “/host Swiper.” This will start the hosting, and your viewers will now be able to see the stream of that channel.
All views, just as in the PC edition, will be credited to the hosted channel, but the chatroom will be yours. This will assist you in your commitment. You will also be able to access the stream of the hosted channel from your tab.
The smartphone applications, too, do not include or autofill channel name suggestions. As a result, you must ensure that the channel names you enter are right. Otherwise, you would be unable to host them.
When you’re finished hosting the channel, type “/unhost” in the chat window to end it.
Now that you understand how to host on your Twitch account, let’s look at how to get others to host you. This will help you get more views and engagements.
Why Should You Do Twitch Hosting?
Here are some of the reasons why you should host on Twitch.
When you host other platforms on your account, you gain additional reach and marketing for your account. The streamer will mention or show the names of all the hosts. You may also be included in the Live Hosts group or the chat room for the target channel. This expanded scope will also assist you in gaining more followers for your site.
If you don’t stream on a regular basis, your audience can lose interest in your channel. This is due to the fact that they would not be able to view new material as they desire. You will be able to provide new content to other platforms by hosting them.
Now that you know why you should do Twitch hosting, use it to your advantage.