Instagram, as you already know, only displays the cropped circular version of profile photos. The native app does not allow you to view the picture in full size. If you tap on the picture, you will only see the user’s Stories, if they have any.
The good news is that there is a workaround, regardless of platform.
How to View IG Profile Picture in Full
For PC, Mac, and mobile browsers, follow these steps:
Android Or iPhone/iPad
To view the full-size profile photo, download the Qeek for Instagram app for Android or iPhone/iPad. It is free and does not require registration.
- After installing the app, launch it and begin typing the usernames of the users whose Instagram profile pictures you want to view and download.
- Choose the appropriate person from the drop-down list.
- Simply tap on the retrieved profile picture or Fullscreen to make it larger.
- This will show the profile image in high resolution.
- After that, you can also zoom in on the profile picture by up to 800%.
There is no built-in download feature in the app, but you can always open the profile picture in full size and take a screenshot. It is also possible to visit an Instagram user’s profile directly from inside the app.
PC/Mac Or Smartphone Browser
If you don’t want to install an additional app on your phone or prefer to use a device, this is the tool to use.
- Navigate to the Instagram website using your device’s web browser. For this guide, we’ll be using the Chrome browser.
- It is not necessary to log into Instagram to view anyone’s profile photo. You can, however, if you wish. Furthermore, if you already know the person’s username, you can skip the second step and move on to the third.
- Navigate to the desired Instagram profile by searching for their name or using their post in your news feed. Get/copy their username from their profile.
- Once you have the username of the chosen Instagram user, use the Instagram Profile Picture Downloader Insta Followers.
- On the tool’s website, in the ‘Enter Instagram Username’ text box, type or paste the username of the person whose profile picture you want to view/save from step 2 and click Submit.
- The tool will retrieve the high-resolution profile picture from the username and show it to you in a few seconds. Following that, you’ll be able to View and Download the Instagram profile picture in full size.
Similarly, you can enter the usernames of other desired accounts to see their original large profile image. The tool works flawlessly with all accounts, public and private, whether you follow them or not.
If you want to make an Instagram picture into wallpaper or simply view it in its original size, you now know how easy it is.
In terms of profile images, the browser method can be your best bet. Apps like Qeek usually provide low-quality images for free, so you’ll have to pay to see the high-quality edition. Of course, if you believe that seeing the whole picture is worth the money, an app might be more convenient and user-friendly.